Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A day in Photos

Today we spent a lot of time on the road a large portion of it listening to boy bands in the car. Scoff all you like but when you are driving through half the Texas pan handle, All of Oklahoma and some of Missouri you will embrace the company of the Hanson Brothers, Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, and Jessie McCartney. We even added a little Lionel Richie in the mix to do a little dancing on the ceiling.

One of our first stops of the morning along Route 66 was the Devel's Rope Museum in McLean Texas. Unfortunitaly, our early morning start worked against us and we were there 40 min early. We settled for some outside photos.
I couldn't resist some funky framing.


I'm a little upset I didn't strike a pose to show my muscles I think it would have been much more appropriate. Here is a building in Shamrock Texas that was apparently used in a movie. I'm guessing it was the movie cars. Can anyone Verify that.

Does anyone else think that water puddle looks like Darth Vader from Star Wars Helmet.
Giant cross surrounded by the stations of the cross in Groom Texas.


I would like to use this shoe as a Metaphor of the almost dead town of Texola Oklahoma. You can see that it is there but it's not in too good of shape.


Official Route 66 museum in Oklahoma. Gotta love the timer on my camera and my wallet and bottle of sunscreen propping it up.


Elk City, OK
I would like this sign at the front door of my house because of course cowboys are always welcome.

The Blue Whale just outside of Tulsa. This is one of those Route 66 attractions that is interesting an depressing at the same time. it's the epitome of Route 66 because it's still there but everything surrounding it has fallen apart.
Enjoy the pics,
Beck

No comments: