Sunday, June 5, 2011

Going up Ladders

Our day long stop in New Mexico has come to an end and with it a few photos of our excursions. After attending church with my big brother (yes mom he got me to go to church), Tim suggested we head to Bandelier National Monument to do some hiking and check out the ruins. After 3 days in the car (2 with Meg 1 by myself) It was nice to stretch my legs and get my hike on! Below are some pics of the ruins and the ladders Meg, Tim, and I were climbing around on.

I really wish I know the specific stories that led to the creation of this sign. Also, why are there carvings on turkeys on the sign?

Meg and I were neighbors at Valpo but Guild Hall was a little less rocky.

Halfway down that ladder I decided I did NOT like ladders


Meg making her way up to the ruins.
Brother sister fantastic-ness.

Tomorrow we are picking up Route 66 from the Turquoise Trail and heading to Amarillo Texas.

Until Tomorrow,
Beck

1 comment:

Mom said...

It looks like you had a very interesting day. Although I'd love to visit the ruins, I'm not so sure about the looooong ladder climbing. Glad you were able to spend time with Tim, and go to church:).Have a fun and safe trip.