Saturday, June 4, 2011

Destination Tacos

Another long day in the car but at least it started out with waffles at the complementary breakfast in Kansas. Meg and I shared the breakfast nook with 2 fantastic individuals of the senior citizen variety. If I had to guess I would say their names were Charlie and Irma. They were traveling from Arizona to Illinois so in exchanging pleasantries they asked us about construction along the roads up to Illinois, while we inquired about the forest fires in New Mexico. We then wished each other well and were on the road.

We traveled westward through the rest of Kansas, the Oklahoma pan handle, and into our destination state New Mexico. Among the highlights were driving by the John Dillinger hideout and a visit to Dorthy's house in Liberal, Kansas which I would describe as a hole in the wall tourist trap but there were a few fun things to photograph.

Also at a gas station in I believe Greensburg Kansas I saw a mom putting aloe on here red haired kids sunburn I felt bad for the kid, my ginger self can sympathize with him.

For the most part, Meg and I passed the time reading allowed from Cosmo, playing a very interesting and slightly disturbing game of marry date or dump, and passing the same guy along a 2 lane highway 4 times.

Most importantly we arrived safely in Los Alamos, found out there is a Hooker Oklahoma, and got to eat delicious Mexican food for dinner with my brother.MMMMmmmmm delicious tacos.


Here is a bonus photo I took on my phone at the rodeo yesterday Check out the upturned pinkie...now that's class.Adios,
Beck

No comments: