Monday, August 4, 2008

Crank that Soulja Boy

This is Meg of Beck and Meg fame reporting in from Mile Marker 370 on I-90 West. I have just awoken from a much needed power nap. I say much needed because this road tripper has gotten about 8 hours of actual sleep in the past two nights. Six solid snoozing hours last night so that leaves two hours to be had after THE wedding. Everyone else slept just fine while I just laid there wide awake all night long. Perhaps I couldn’t sleep because I had images of Wedding Date Number Two dancing in my head. I bet you’d like to see what those images might look like…



In case you didn’t recognize his voice, that was Andy providing the music/lyrics. Yes, that's Weekend at Bernies on in the background.

I will now share with you an image from our actual road trip. While I was driving earlier today somewhere in Iowa, we came across a sign that said “Scenic View 1 mile.” Being the curious individuals that we are, I pulled the Malibu over despite Sha Nay Nay’s(We’re trying out names for the GPS system. What do you think of this one?) directions. For this scenic view, we had to walk up about 5 flights of wooden stairs and got to see a beautiful Iowan landscape. Nope, that won’t be the picture below.

The picture below comes from instructions on Jennie’s Scavenger Hunt CD. Song Number Two is Burnin’ Up by the Jonas Brothers. Jennie instructed us to take a picture of a thermometer because the Jo Bros are “burnin’ up” for us. Guess what was right outside the bathroom door at the Scenic View...A thermometer(!) and a rest area bathroom attendant(!!) who was the perfect guy to help us cross another number off our scavenger hunt list.…


As you probably noticed, the photog(we named him Earl) had some trouble with the camera but it makes for a hilarious picture I think. (The thermometer is the white half-squarish shape by my face, fyi.) It said 80ish degrees(in the shade!). Earl said his car thermometer said 106 degrees when he left the jobsite yesterday. Wow! Nice work, Earl. We appreciate you!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I can't handle that video. Can't. Handle

Anonymous said...

YAY for the scavenger hunt!!!! Keep up the Good Work! ..Did you get Earls digits?

JW