Wednesday, August 6, 2008

No WiFi Means Late Updates Sorry...

As we are on the road to Yellowstone I figure I’ll take the time to do a quick recap of yesterdays activities. The day started in Custer South Dakota where we saw Crazy Horse from afar (we didn’t want to pay the fee to get into the park so that’s where a zoom came in handy).


We also met a sweet old man at the gate who came out to hand us pamphlets about crazy horse, to show us what we missed. He could have been good ole’ Iowa Earl’s long lost cousin.

Then it was on to Mount Rushmore where there was an awesome goat, and I finally decided it was time to take out my good camera. After doing a few drive bys and shooting out the car window we stopped at the side of the road to see if I could get a picture of Meghan picking George Washington’s nose. Unfortunately, I failed and my flip-flop fell off, but some 14 or so year old kid grabbed it and placed it on my foot. It was a very Cinderella like moment.



Mount Rushmore was fairly cool, but it made me wonder what one has to do to secure a mountain to carve.


Our gold panning experience was all right. I think I hyped myself up for it too much, but we each got a little vial of gold for our efforts. Plus, I got made fun of by the little young punk who was trying to teach us to pan. I really hated that kid.


Yesterday was really the day of bikers though because we saw them EVERYWHERE. I figured out something too, bikers do not look like Uncle Jessie from Full House. They are not attractive, and the less attractive they are the more likely they are to not wear a shirt.


After leaving the Mount Rushmore area we drove straight to Cody in order to get to the rodeo in time. Let me tell you rodeos are fantastic. I’m not really the biggest fan of some events such as calf roping, but it is sooo made up for by the bull riding.

Of course the cowboys don’t hurt either.


That’s my favorite part.

All in all it was a pretty good day for the two of us, and who knows I may someday have a career as a rodeo photographer.


Peace Love and Rodeo Clowns,

Beck

No comments: