Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day One

We made it to Grinnell, Iowa! Yay for a free stay with Beck's brother. We started off the road trip with a Matt Mix. Becky has since started her search for a man to check her for ticks. We are staying in cabins the next two nights. It just may be necessary. Then, we listened to two themed cds. Oh, how we love songs about butts and boobies!

Tomorrow we travel to the CORN PALACE, WALL DRUG and MOUNT RUSHMORE. Can you feel the excitement? What are we not especially excited about? The 11 hour car drive. Of course, having the prospect of seeing hundreds/thousands of bikers excites us a bit. You can bet your belt buckle we'll be tipping our cowboy hats at them as we pass.

And, since we'd like to have McDonald's sponsor our journey(after the fact?), at the end of every blog post we will state our Mickey D's Consumption Tally.
Double Cheeseburgers: 2
Sweet Tea:1
Coke: 1
Deliciousness: Priceless...except for the stale buns and unmelted cheese....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That hat totally goes with your piggly wiggly shirt. You'll be picking up all the bikers in that get-up. Thanks for the shout-out to my boobies cd; hope you enjoyed "99 words for boobs."

Are you going to pay the ridiculous amount to get into Mount Rushmore? or you gonna do ten drive-bys for pictures like me, mac, jason and garett did lol.

Have fun!

Katie

Anonymous said...

Meghan, I have to say when I first saw this picture, I was like, "Who is that with Becky?"

I thought maybe she picked up a hitchhiker and dropped you off at McDonald's.

-Britta

Anonymous said...

P.S. Tell my IT guy hello for me! He'll be the one on a Harley, bald, with a beard, and some tattoos on his legs.

-B

Beck and Meg said...

Katie, I think we are going to do a drive by. I'll drive since I've been here and Becky can hang out the window and take photos since she's the professional.

Britta, I think you were thrown off by the passenger in the car because I look like a man there...that's what 2 hours of sleep and undried hair thrown up in a ponytail will do to ya.

And, we are waving at every bald, bearded man with tattoos whether they are riding Harleys or not so we'll be sure to catch Mr. IT guy.