Monday, August 4, 2008

Photo phun

Four score and 14 plus hours ago, Meg and I embarked upon day two off our road trip adventure. Conceived in bodaciousness and dedicated to the proposition that even states like Iowa and South Dakota had something to offer.

I found myself in the passenger seat for the first leg of our long strange trip. We left my little brothers place around 7:30 this morning. A special thanks goes out to Jim, Katie, and the gang for putting us up for the night especially since they had papers to finish. While in Iowa we listened to a little gold digger thanks to Jennie and her amazing road trip scavenger hunt CD! I feel like I could be one of the most ghetto people in the state of Iowa right now. Word.

We didn’t make out first planned stop until reaching Mitchell South Dakota, which is of course the home of the worlds only corn palace. As far as corn palaces go this was the best I’d ever seen. Of course all it really consisted of was a basketball arena and some souvenir shops. Don’t worry I took a butt load of pictures anyway.


Next came the badlands on the suggestion of Meghan’s parents. Even if I had a better vocabulary it would be impossible to describe .


Of course coming out of the badlands the forces of nature took over and a bird flew into my car. Which is horrible for the bird but that sucker bounced off the front of my car like a jumbo super ball. Talk about bye bye birdie.

At this point we were a bit worried about getting to our campground in time so it ended up cutting our time at Wall Drug a bit short but not before we were able to take what I will probably use as my facebook photos for the next five years. If you’ve never been to South Dakota then wall drug may confuse you but basically it’s a tourist trap that you see hundreds of signs for as soon as you enter the state. Of course you get there and it’s sort of the caliber of fun as a decent playground but with lots of gift shops.

And eventually we made it to our little cabin at Custer Crazy Horse campground where we bunkered down for the night.


Aint it cute

until tomorrow.

Hugs and Kisses,

Beck

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the first summer in a few years that I haven't hit up the corn palace. Good times.

Anonymous said...

You were real gold diggas today!!
...maybe you could turn the lump of gold into a key for meghan's car??: )

Jennie Jonas ;)