Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Super 8 Shout-Outs

Tonight's update is random. Be prepared.

Katie, I scoped out the playground at the Cody KOA. It is NOTHING like I remember. MUCH cooler now. Look at this thing…



After the delightful all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast for two dollars...



we tested out this contraption (after reading the posted rules) to make sure it was safe for the kiddies, of course.



Shoot, if I had known about the effects of this playtime effort, I would have tanned my belly.

Next random shout-out goes to MOM.



Nice Google finds! You’re becoming so Internet saavy these days.

Can’t shout-out one parent and not the other. That would be parent-ist. Ready, Dad?



Perfect pump!!! You’re proud of my random luck, right?

And, another picture for the donor of my height(?)



Thanks for the hat and the tip to go to the Badlands.

Your shout-out is next, Jennie! Becky may have had to use the bathroom before we made it out of the mountains and to indoor plumbing. Luckily she packed her own toilet paper! Tis a shame I found the toilet seat covers after she was already in the potty house.



I did remember the wet-ones for her hand-washing though!

Oh, Matt, you can have a shout-out, too. No picture though. We stopped at an A&W for dinner last night. I was worried when we pulled in and I didn’t see any workers but I am happy to report the A&W slowness is a unique characteristic of the Chesterton one. We got our food within 7 minutes, not 17.
Oh wait, I lied. I do have a picture for you.



The Yellowstone Park Ranger I talked to assured me that you pronounce Butte as if it had no e and a short u(Is that right? I was never good with phonics). And, I’m closing my beautiful brown eyes so as not to distract from my beautiful behind. Obvi.

Lastly and adding to Becky’s blog, I thought the kid who showed us how to pan gold was funny. He was a teen testing out the sarcastic waters. This first stage of sarcasm is exhausting for some around him(Becky) but is appreciated by those who’ve been there(Me). On that note, here’s the lump of gold found by the person who didn’t get made fun of by a fifteen year old kid. : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we love the 15 yr olds!

Jw/j

Anonymous said...

PS That bouncing thing lots SWEEEEET - we should get one.

Anonymous said...

Dang, you people are out doing stuff.

My life sucks.

-Brett